Dr. Margaret Newbury Jones
- Psy.D. – Clinical Psychology
- Graduate Certification – Complex Trauma and Child Sexual Abuse Intervention
- M.Ed., Spec. Ed. Diploma, B. Ed.
Margaret has been working with children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) since 1988. She worked in the public school system for 15 years teaching students with special learning needs from Kindergarten to Grade 12. For 10 years Margaret has provided sexual health education to children and adults with IDD, their families, caregivers, paraprofessionals and professionals working in the field.
SHADE Consulting and Counselling offers services to folks with intellectual and developmental disabilities including, but not limited to: autism spectrum disorder, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, brain injury, physical disabilities, mental illness, hearing impairments, deafness and other challenges as well as their families and those who support them.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) – California Southern University
- Graduate certification in Complex Trauma and Child Sexual Abuse Intervention – Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Master of Education in Community Rehabilitation (M.Ed.), University of Calgary
- Special Education Diploma (Sp.Ed.Dip.), University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Education (major, elementary education; minor psychology) (B.Ed.), Brandon University
- The Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- BC Teacher Regulation Branch – member in good standing
- The NADD
- Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health