Dr. Margaret Newbury Jones
Margaret has been working in the disability field for her entire career, 25+ years and counting! She is known for her easy going manner and facilitating fantastic, interactive workshops with self-advocates, professionals, paraprofessionals and families . She loves to work with folks with complex needs and their teams, being compassionately curious comes naturally to her. Whether individual counselling, team consultation, or training workshops she loves this work and the folks she supports.
SHADE Consulting and Counselling offers services to folks with intellectual and developmental disabilities including, but not limited to: folks who have experienced trauma, autism spectrum disorder, fetal alcohol spectrum disorder, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, learning disabilities, brain injury, physical disabilities, mental illness, hearing impairments, deafness and other challenges as well as their families and those who support them.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) – California Southern University
- Graduate certification in Complex Trauma and Child Sexual Abuse Intervention – Justice Institute of British Columbia
- Master of Education in Community Rehabilitation (M.Ed.), University of Calgary
- Special Education Diploma (Sp.Ed.Dip.), University of British Columbia
- Bachelor of Education (major, elementary education; minor psychology) (B.Ed.), Brandon University
- The Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
- BC Teacher Regulation Branch – member in good standing
- The NADD
- Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health
When she’s not working Margaret serves on the Board of the Alberta Society for the Promotion of Sexual Health (www.aspsh.ca), acts as a consultant for the United Church of Canada in the implementation of their Sexual Misconduct Prevention and Response Policy (https://bc.united-church.ca/ministry-and-personnel/sexual-abuse/), sings in two local choirs and drives to a lot of baseball games, go Sun Devils!
Catch Dr. Newbury Jones speaking with Eric Goll on the Empowering Ability Podcast